For further information regarding our transition programme please contact:
Mrs S Fielding, Partnership Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs E Lowe, Transition Co-ordinator - email@example.com
'Next Steps' primary partnership programme
Our primary partnership programme includes a wide range of events, visits and activities specifically arranged for our partnership of primary schools. These experiences help make primary pupils feel more confident, happy and familiar with a secondary school environment, ensuring the ‘next step’ to Mount Carmel is made as smooth as possible for your child.
Here are examples of a few of the events we hold:
- A curriculum enrichment programme takes place involving 12 partner schools over 30 weeks. Subjects delivered to Year 5 pupils include Science, Design Technology and Computing. Pupils attend sessions at Mount Carmel to enable them to use our specialist laboratories, workshops and well equipped classrooms.
- Inter-primary Maths, English and Science quizzes take place in the Autumn and Spring terms for teams of Year 5 and Year 6 pupils from partner primary schools
- Partnership events and activities take place around Christmas including a joint carol concert and community carol singing
- Partnership chaplaincy activities and events
- Partner primary schools are invited to free matinee performances of school productions
- A primary partnership ECO Champions Day takes place
- Inter-primary sports tournaments
- Year 5 pupils from partner schools are invited to visit in the Summer term for a ‘Next Steps’ taster day. They participate in a range of activities and have lunch in the Twelve Star Diner.
- Mount Carmel’s Transition Co-ordinator and Year 7 Pastoral Leaders visit pupils at their primary school to introduce herself and answer any queries about their move up to Mount Carmel
- A ‘Step Up’ day is arranged in July for all the new intake of pupils, to enable them to meet form tutors and other pupils and to familiarise themselves with their new school