For queries regarding our school achievement and results data please contact:
Mr K Georgy, Assistant Headteacher
We would like to congratulate all of our pupils on a fantastic set of GCSE results this summer 2021. Despite the impact of the global COVID - 19 pandemic, Mount Carmel RC High School is pleased to report some outstanding achievements by its pupils in their GCSE exams and vocational qualifications this summer.
This year, following the cancellation of exams, grades have been awarded through a process of teacher assessments, against a national standard and approved and awarded by the exam boards. The government is also not publishing performance data for any schools or colleges this year due to the varying impact of the pandemic.
Some of the many individual success stories this year include the following pupils.
- Haytham Siddique who achieved two grade 9, three grade 8 and 4 grade 7
- Jack Frost achieved four grade 9, one grade 8 and two grade 7
- Ben Whitaker achieved 2 grade 9, one grade 8 and 3 grade 7
- Lola Foster achieved one grade 9, a distinction star, three grade 8 and two grade 7
- Ella Whitaker achieved 3 grade 9 and 1 grade 7
- James Haworth achieved 1 grade 9, three grade 8 and 4 grade 7
- Patrick Radigan achieved 2 grade 8 and 2 grade 7
Xavier Bowers, the schools headteacher said: “After such a difficult and disrupted two years of study at GCSE level for all concerned, we are immensely proud of the achievements of all of our pupils and staff who have worked so hard to ensure that our 2021 cohort of year 11 pupils achieved the best grades possible in all subject areas.
Our staff have worked tirelessly to not only effectively teach pupils the examination syllabus but prepare, mark, moderate and standardise a variety of appropriate assessments in each subject to ensure all our pupils were provided with rigorous assessments that demonstrated that they have met the success criteria of the awarding examination bodies to award a fair an accurate grade.
We have also put additional support in place to ensure all our pupils are able to progress onto further education and training, and we look forward to seeing what they will achieve in the future.
Finally, we would also like to sincerely thank parents, governors, Lancashire LA and Salford Diocese for their continued support in ensuring the school continues to go from strength to strength”
Key stage 4 (end of secondary school) results 2018-19
- Progress 8 score of -0.1
- Attainment 8 score of 41.5 points
- 56.3% achieved Grade 4 or above in English and Maths GCSEs
- 32.6% achieved Grade 5 or above in English and Maths GCSEs
- 20.1% entered the English Baccalaureate
- Ebacc Elements APS Scores:
- English pillar (4.48)
- Maths pillar (4.06)
- Science x2 pillar (3.90)
- Languages pillar (1.39)
- Humanities pillar (2.90)
- 11.8% achieved the English Baccalaureate at Grade 5 or above
- 91% of Year 11 leavers (2017) stayed in education, employment or training for at least 2 terms after key stage 4.
Key stage 4 (end of secondary school) results 2019-20
- Progress 8 score is unavailable
- Attainment 8 score of 43.11 points
- 58.6% achieved Grade 4 or above in English and Maths GCSEs
- 34.2% achieved Grade 5 or above in English and Maths GCSEs
- 19.7% entered the English Baccalaureate
- Ebacc Elements APS Scores:
- English pillar (4.50)
- Maths pillar (4.26)
- Science x2 pillar (3.88)
- Languages pillar (1.63)
- Humanities pillar (2.95)
- 12.5% achieved the English Baccalaureate at Grade 5 or above
SCHOOL AND COLLEGE PERFORMANCE TABLES
You can view the DfE school and college performance table using this link
Follow this link for a Progress 8 explanation