Home School Communication
Home School communication
Communicating with parents is important, making sure you get the correct information about activities, events and things that really matter.
We are trying to reduce the amount of printed letters we send out and be environmentally aware so we have introduced an online communication system called Scopay which sends out information to parents via text message and/or email.
Parents will be provided with instructions from the school to set up an account. Please be assured that all information you provide will be kept private and will not be passed on to any other organisation.
Please contact the Assistant Business Manager at Mount Carmel on 01254 233458 for further details.
Home and School Partnerships
Mount Carmel acknowledges the importance of the partnership between school, parents and students.
We ask that you shall undertake to:
- Support the Catholic ethos of the school
- Ensure the punctuality and attendance of your child, in correct school uniform and properly equipped
- Support the school’s policies and guidelines for behaviour
- Support your child in homework and other opportunities for home learning by checking the homework diary regularly
- Attend parents’ evenings and discussions about your child’s progress
- Get to know about your child’s life at school by encouraging and supporting the various opportunities provided by the school
- Inform the school about any change in circumstance which may affect your child
The School will:
- Contact parents if there is a problem with attendance, punctuality, uniform or equipment
- Contact parents about any concerns or problems that affect their child’s work or behaviour
- Provide a balanced curriculum and meet the individual needs of each child in keeping with the governors’ policy, statutory requirements and available resources Set, mark and monitor homework
- Provide information to parents about the progress of their child by way of reports and parents’ evenings
- Keep parents informed about school activities through regular newsletters, letters home and notices about special events
We expect that students will:
- Co-operate fully with their parents and the school in all matters relating to the above