Visitors always comment on the warm welcome they receive and the ‘family’ atmosphere at Mount Carmel.
- Achievement Co-ordinators, Form Tutors and Pastoral Support Officers are focused on all aspects of achievement, wellbeing and behaviour as well as day to day issues
- Approximately 80 prefects in Year 11 and 30 Peer Mentors in Years 9 and 10 help staff ensure that everybody is safe and happy.
- A very active and supportive PTFA group meet regularly and support numerous school events.
- Parents’ evenings – a chance to speak to your child’s teachers about their progress.
Our pupils experience daily prayer & worship
- Salford Diocese inspection graded us ‘outstanding’ in our Welcome, Welfare & Witness.
- Multi-cultural and multi-faith celebrations & activities help develop and support community cohesion.
- The G.I.F.T. (Growing in Faith Together) pupil team arrange liturgies in school.
- The Youth St. Vincent de Paul (YSVP) group visit local residential homes to offer companionship and friendship to the elderly.
We are completely focused on all pupils' progress
- Higher attaining students are stretched by more challenging teaching and an enhanced extra-curricular programme.
- Individual support programmes are developed for pupils with additional needs to break down barriers to learning.
- Enrichments to the curriculum include subject specific visits as well as team building residential trips to a wide range of places including Lockerbie in Scotland, Spain and Holland.
error: Alert: Content is protected !!