Free training for parents and staff
18 May 2021
Due to Government Funding in the Adult Education Budget, there are several Free online Level 2 Accredited Courses available to staff and parents to help better understand some key issues around young people's mental health and well-being.
Here are some of the most popular subjects available, however attached is a full list:
- Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health (Understand factors which may affect Young Peoples mental health, the impact that they have and how to support them with these issues)
- Understanding Autism (learn how individuals process sensory information, understand characteristics, understand conditions, learn how speech, language and communication differ in people with Autism)
- Understanding Behaviour That Challenges (supporting positive behaviour, effective communication & how to manage challenging behaviour)
The qualifications need to be completed within in a 10-week window and are completed on a laptop or computer at the learner's home. No Exams, end point assessments are involved, the courses are purely Q&A based and are available to you 24/7. You can do as many as you like, however you can just do one at a time.
The only criteria the learner must meet to be eligible, is the following.
- Aged 19 or over on or before 31st August 2020
- Have lived in the UK/EU for 3+ years
- Not already on a Government funded course (Apprenticeship for example)
If you are interested in undertaking these qualifications, follow this link: