23 September 2019

Dear Parent / Carer

Severe Nut Allergy

This letter is to inform you that a member of our school community has an airborne nut allergy. This allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock) can occur through ingestion of nut products and breathing nuts in the air.

We have decided to become a ‘nut-free’ school in order to avoid a life-threatening situation and are asking for your support in reducing the risk by taking the following steps:

  • Please do not allow your child to bring any food items into school containing nuts.
  • Please do not prepare packed lunches for your child which contain nuts and/or nut products.

Your understanding and support in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Yours sincerely

Xavier Bowers

Tags: Letters home