Meet our school GIFT (Growing in Faith Together) team who have developed a statement of intent for their work in school this year. The group is guided by our R.E. curriculum leader Miss Rushton and meet on a regular basis.
We are the School’s GIFT Team for this year. Our role is the following:
- To help the school to be a community of faith.
- To encourage the pupils to live their faith in daily living.
- To develop good relationships within and beyond the school community.
- To support Liturgy, prayer and the spiritual life of the school.
- To involve pupils in fundraising for charities.
- To continue to develop strong links with the local parishes.
- To support the school in its Mission Statement.
We have lots of ideas of how we can fulfil our roles. Here are some of them:
- Help prepare a weekly prayer Powerpoint for form tutors
- Organise various charity fund-raising events.
- Provide weekly ‘Thought for the Week’ which is posted in each classroom.
- Prepare and lead para-liturgies
- Work with other GIFT Teams.
- Maintain our Chapel
- Support form teachers in the leading of prayer in form time.
We have also thought of how we can work together. The following are our five top tips to help us be a successful GIFT Team.
- Listen to each other’s ideas.
- Communicate with all the team members, school and parish.
- Encourage everyone when making decisions, to share their ideas and to try their best.
- Include everyone when making decisions.
- Lead by example, love everyone especially people you don’t get on with.
Groups we need forming:
- Para -Liturgy planning
- Para -Liturgy delivery
- Monitoring and planning of form prayer and worship
- Thought of the week planning team