Week commencing 2nd March 2020
Please note sports activities/fixtures can change so pupils must listen to notices provided by form tutors or ask a member of the P.E. staff for updates.
|Monday||Primary dodgeball festival 4.00 - 5.30pm
Year 7-9 football training
|Tuesday||Year 10 football v Rhyddings @ home
Girls football training
|Wednesday||Year 7, 8 and 9 football v Accrington Academy - away
Year 11 football v Hyndburn Academy @ home
|Thursday||Girls cricket training|
For further details please ask a member of the PE department.
Extra curricular P.E. timetable
Clubs are subject to change due to fixtures, see noticeboards in the P.E. department.
|Lunchtime - sports hall||Handball
|Years 10 & 11 football
|Years 7, 8 & 9
|Lunchtime - gym||Boxing club
|After school||Netball training
|Years 10 & 11 GCSE
Year 11 ALS
Extra curricular and enrichment opportunities
January 2020 - April 2020
PE Extra-curricular and lunch clubs are updated on a half termly basis. A copy of the PE extra-curricular timetable is displayed in all form rooms, the PE corridor and on screens throughout school.
ALS (Additional Learning support)
ALS takes place Monday-Friday for Year 11. Pupils are allocated to a subject based upon their current progress. The allocation of pupils to subjects changes after each data drop.
The Duke of Edinburgh
The Duke of Edinburgh scheme runs throughout the year with a number of sessions fulfilling the various requirements. These sessions are not calendared, but run each half-term.
The dates of expeditions are:
Year 9 - Practice expedition 27 - 28th June, assessed expedition 11-12th July
Year 10 – Practice expedition 26 – 28th June, assessed expedition 11 – 13th July.
Whole School Trips
- Year 7 - Lockerbie Trip - Relationship, team and confidence building.
- Year 7&8 - Paris Trip – Cultural experience (takes place on alternate years, next trip 2021)
- Year 9 – Spain Trip – Cultural and language development (scheduled for 2021)
Departmental offsite/enrichment activities
- Year 7: Visit to Blackpool Zoo to support the SOL ‘Monsters’.
- Year 8: Author Visit / Theatre Visit.
- Year 9: Visit to Quarry Bank Mill to investigate Victorian lifestyle and context.
- Year 10: Creative writing with author Bali Rai.
- Year 10&11: Blood Brothers & Westside story theatre company visits to support the GCSE.
- Year 11: Poetry Live – enrichment for HAP to supplement the Literature GCSE.
- Year 11 – Fieldwork trip to Cleveleys beach and Salford Quays.
Health and Social Care
- Year 11 – Students helping out at the Mount Carmel Community Christmas Party.
- Year 10 – Work Experience related to the care industry used along with a witness statement for written coursework.
- Year 7: Skipton Castle Trip.
- Year 7 - 9: London Trip (Tower of London, London Dungeons, London Eye, Imperial War Museum and Westminster Abbey) - The purpose is to develop an understanding of the political, religious and military history of the capital.
- Year 8: Quarry Bank Mill
- Year 9: Imperial War Museum.
- Year 10: Leeds Armouries.
- Year 10 & 11: Trip to Krakow Poland, visiting Auschwitz (7 - 10th February 2020)
- Year 7: European Day of Languages Bake-Off.
- Year 7-10: Weekly Language Support Clinic.
- Year 9-10: Trips to UCLAN/MMU for Language Enrichment Events.
- Year 7 - 9: Brass Ensemble.
- Year 7 - 9: ‘MC’s got Rhythm’ – Djembe Band.
- Year 7 - 9: ‘Ukulele Group’.
- Year 7 - 10: Theatre Trips/ Backstage tour of theatre.
- Year 7 - 11: Choir.
- Year 7 - 11: School Production.
- Year 7 - 11: CHARM.
RE & PSHE
- Year 7-11: Multi-Faith Day.
- Year 9: Health Day.
- Year 7-11: YSVP Group.
- Year 7-10: Chaplaincy team
- Year 7-11: Community Links – Visits to Roughlee Care Home.
- Year 7: Science Club.
- Year 7-11: Eco Club.
- Year 7&8: Science Extravaganza - to increase engagement and explore the wonder of science.
- Year 7-9: Activities for National Science Week.
- Year 9: Eco trip.
- Year 9-11: Brains on Fire! Inspiring pupils to want to study science post 16.
- Year 10: Science Live! Inspiring future scientists and help pupils prepare for GCSE exams.