All pupils are taught Religious Education. This ensures that all pupils have a good understanding of the Catholic Faith as well as other world religions.
Our pupils experience daily prayer and worship but we also offer short liturgies at key times during the year so that pupils are taught the significance of Christian celebrations such as Christmas and Easter from a Catholic perspective. All pupils experience a day with a difference where they are asked to reflect on spiritual, moral and social issues.
“Mount Carmel demonstrates a high level of respect and care for each person as being made in the image and likeness of God.”
Diocese of Salford Inspection Report – October 2014
- Salford Diocese inspection graded us ‘outstanding’ in our Welcome, Welfare & Witness.
- Multi-cultural and multi-faith celebrations & activities help develop and support community cohesion.
- Our Lay Chaplain works with pupils across the schools partnership.
- The G.I.F.T. (Growing in Faith Together) pupil team arrange liturgies in school.
- The Youth St. Vincent de Paul (YSVP) group visit local residential homes to offer companionship and friendship to the elderly.
“The school is well supported by local clergy who celebrate a range of liturgies when requested.””